Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance information will be sent home the first week of school with each students. Please review the information below.
The Lambton Kent District School Board does not insure students. For your convenience, the Board has made arrangements for families to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance provides protection against unexpected costs arising from accidental injuries. The program is especially valuable for families who:
• do not have medical or dental plans,
• have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
• have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance has a selection of plans to suit most budgets. Benefits include coverage for:
• The full school year (September to September), 24 hours a day, while at home and school;
• Expenses that are often limited or not covered by private or group insurance plans, or Provincial Health Insurance Plans, such as ambulance, physiotherapy, private tutoring, counselling, and much more;
• Injury-related dental treatment (including future dental treatment up to age 26);
• Out-of-province or country emergency medical expenses.
If your address changes during the school year, your Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance plan is transferable from school to school, anywhere in Canada.
Insurance premiums for children are $13.50 or $31.95 per year, depending on the plan selected. A discount is available for families with 3 or more children. Adults age 20 to 64 can also be insured for $27.50 per year.
For more information or to apply online, please visit www.kidsplus.ca, or speak with a Kids Plus™ Client Service Administrator at 1-800-556-7411.
You may also find information on our website at:http://www.lkdsb.net/Board-Info/student-insurance.htm